Sunday, September 8, 2013

I hate to say, "I told you so"

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/08/sports/olympics/tokyo-wins-bid-for-2020-olympics.html?ref=world

"For the International Olympic Committee, environmental concerns in Japan appeared less urgent than the Syrian war on Turkey’s border, a harsh crackdown against antigovernment protesters recently in Istanbul and Spain’s economic recession and high unemployment."

Writer's Note: Check out my yesterday's post!



Sunday visit to Cemetery.

I can hear you saying that "What a topic to write about on a Sunday!" but its OK. Today my wife and I have visited her father's grave and prayed. It was a sunny day in Istanbul, and when my wife asked me if we could visit her father's grave, I said "sure we can". 

Odd enough, I like to visit graveyards to enjoy my life, and thank God for the chance he has given me for another day to live with my loved ones. Unfortunately, we seldom think about death and such visits to our passed ones, keeps their memories alive.  

View from Istanbul, Kilyos Cemetery  - brkpkr2013

Sun mixed with shades, birds singing, silence allowing you to feel afternoon breeze let's you hear your own foot steps as you walk along the tombs. I thanked God once more because I have my kid, wife, mom, and dad alive. 

My humble advise to you: Visit your passed ones' graves, send your prayers to their souls. When you are done with these, pay a quick visit to your loved ones - see your parents - , look into their eyes, hug them, kiss them, and enjoy every minute you spend with them. 

This Sunday was a good one, I did all these and now feeling good ....

Have a great Sunday to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment